In this week’s health blog, we’ll be discussing symptoms and problems associated with colorectal health. Colorectal health is crucial to keep in mind and to have your doctor oversee regularly so as to avoid potentially serious health complications. Along with that we will also discuss the main causes of colorectal disease and tips to keep your colon healthy.
First, let’s discuss common colorectal symptoms that can indicate larger issues:
1. A persistent change in your bowel habits, including diarrhea, constipation, or a change in the consistency of your stools.
2. Rectal bleeding or blood in your stool.
3. Persistent abdominal discomfort, such as cramps, gas or pain.
4. A feeling like your bowel doesn’t empty completely.
5. Weakness or fatigue.
These symptoms can be caused for a variety of reasons, and it’s best to consult your doctor if you notice problems arising.
Here are some of the most common causes of these issues:
1. Lack of regular physical activity.
2. A diet low in fruits and vegetables.
3. A low fiber and high fat diet.
4. Being overweight.
5. Having a diet that is high in processed foods.
Lastly, let’s review some preventative measures to help you maintain a healthy colon:
1. Consume a diet high in fiber.
2. Eat more fruit and vegetables and whole grains.
3. Limit processed foods.
4. Drink plenty of water daily.
5. Exercise regularly.
6. Once you turn 45, you should schedule regular colonoscopies with your doctor.
If you’re looking for more information, you can call the toll-free colorectal cancer hotline at 1-877-427-2111.
Book a Call